Monday, March 13, 2006

We went to Araluen on Saturday 11th of March. It was a perfect day, weather wise not too hot or cold. We went for a nice little walk and found Nan Carruthers' bench. We found it at the end of a path, just across a bridge sitting in front of a nice little stream, it's a beautiful peaceful, relaxing little spot. Nan would have absolutely loved it. The photo below is of her bench, In Loving Memory Dorothy (Dot) Carruthers.






After finding Nana's bench, we went to a picnic spot and had morning tea of scones with jam and cream, a cheeseboard, grapes and nuts. It was nice and quiet and peaceful. We went for another walk down to Nan's bench where David sat me down and then he got down on bended knee and PROPOSED to me. Surprise we are ENGAGED!! I was so surprised I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but I managed to say YES!! As I am sure you have already guessed the picture below is of the engagement ring that David and I picked out together. We have set a date but I don't want to tell anyone yet I'm going to make you all wait a little while longer.






After exploring Araluen a bit more we decided to go home and have a rest, as we went out that night to Dad's house and met Kerry's daughter Erin, her husband Lennet and their two daughters Anya and Katy. We made it an early night as it had been a long day, so we took ourselves off to bed. I didn't want to take off my engagement ring though. I'm very proud of David he's started his new job today, will let you all know how he goes soon. That's all of our news for today, love, hugs and kisses to everyone. Talk to you soon.

No comments: